Composed and shared by Ceduna Old Photos, Sue Trewartha and Erica Bodger.
Percival Proctor VH-BQR4. Photo from pilot, Mac Job.
Percival Proctor VH-BQR4 was purchased in Dec 1953 by the Bush Church Aid Society and used until 1959. The pilot was Alan Chadwick, and later Macarthur Job. Chadwick, also a licensed engineer, serviced the aircraft. It was subsequently based at Ceduna with BCAS doing emergency flying and carrying the doctor to regular clinics at Coorabie, Kingoonya, Coober Pedy and Mulgathing. The aircraft’s logs show regular trips to hospitals and clinics, as well as flights to Woomera, Whyalla, Nullarbor, Lake Everard and other remote settlements. It was sold in 1959 after flying a total of 721 hours while with the BCA. Following the sale the aircraft moved to Western Australia where it flew until 1962. In 1972 the aircraft was restored to static display condition and currently resides in the RAAF Association Aviation Museum, Bull Creek, Perth, WA.