Composed and shared by Ceduna Old Photos, Sue Trewartha and Erica Bodger.
WCS. 20 July 1928: District Council of Murat Bay. …reference was made as to the erection of silent cops and much debate followed… Many suggestions were put forward …and it was finally decided on the motion of Cr Talbot, that seeing the promised silent cops are not forthcoming that the council erect three silent cops at Irwin s and Betts corners, and at the Bank of Adelaide, The matter of street lighting was left to another meeting. Captain McIntosh asked by letter if the Council could grant him a section of Crown land between Ceduna and Thevenard to erect a hut for the Boy Scouts… Councillor Talbot then introduced the matter of a council chamber. The time had arrived, he thought, when the council should have its own premises, so saving a large rental, besides being in every way more convenient.The matter was discussed then postponed till next meeting.